Knucklepuck is searching for an ambitious, motivated individual to join our rapidly growing team of digital-first marketers as a full-time Senior SEO Consultant.
We are a digital marketing agency dedicated to driving sustainable, bottom-line growth for our clients. To accomplish these goals, we become an extension of our clients’ marketing teams to create extraordinary web experiences. Our team is comprised of top-notch marketers specializing in content production, search engine optimization, paid media advertising, and web development. We mirror our own industry — quick, quirky, innovate, creative, growing explosively and born of the digital revolution. Our clients span industries from e-commerce to local businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
We are seeking a self-starter who is passionate about driving organic growth through search. In exchange for your insatiable curiosity and SEO chops, we offer the opportunity to make an impact growing our own business and our clients’ businesses, to develop technical skills, and to reap the rewards of a job well done. Our team is well suited to grit hustlers who value a hard day’s work, the comforts of a beanbag chair and a quality pun.
About the Position
The ideal candidate already has a strong foundation in SEO and is ready to take their skills to the next level. The Senior SEO Consultant is a thought leader on our team who will be called upon to drive search engine optimization strategies, communicate directly with clients, and work internally to coordinate with members of our SEO, Paid Media, Content and Web Development teams. It is essential that this person has the desire to cultivate strong professional working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the company.
To succeed in this position, you must have:
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in organic (SEO) search marketing.
- 1+ year experience working with WordPress or similar CMS.
- A proven ability to combine and analyze data from multiple sources to interpret business performance and drive strategy.
- In-depth understanding of social media and its role in enhancing SEO initiatives, particularly through relationship-building and link curation.
- Detailed knowledge of technical website elements that may inhibit search engine crawling and indexation, including information architecture, HTTP status codes and redirects, meta data, breadcrumb linking, canonical tagging, Robots.txt, crawl budget, site speed optimization, .htaccess, pagination and schema markups.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (ex. – Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (ex. – Buffer, HootSuite, Tweetdeck) and leading content management systems (ex. – WordPress, Shopify).
- Exceptional working knowledge of Excel and other data analysis and business intelligence tools, as well as other MS Office and Google products.
- Familiarity with reporting and opportunity analysis tools such as Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush, Buzzsumo, and Screaming Frog.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A tireless work ethic and passion for digital marketing.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of SEO’s role in brand development, digital PR, and content marketing as part of Knucklepuck’s integrated digital marketing approach.
- Apply a strong business acumen to establish and monitor appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure campaigns deliver results that positively impact our clients’ business objectives.
- Conduct market and customer research to develop audience personas that support and extend both short- and long-term marketing initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic roadmap for SEO designed to produce sustainable results that maximize search performance.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization to execute on-page strategies that support a consistent content theme.
- Leverage a combination of tools and manual research to perform competitive research identifying opportunities for pursuing search engine optimization strategies based upon those factors that the search engines are valuing for target queries.
- Collaborate with Outreach team to develop link curation campaigns designed to secure off-page references from key influencers that engage with the target audience, build brand awareness and indicate relevance to the search engines.
- Collaborate with Paid Media team to leverage complementary insights to ensure SEO strategy is consistent with paid search efforts.
- Collaborate with content and digital PR resources to identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content appropriately among target communities.
- Contribute subject-matter expertise to internal and external thought leadership initiatives, including blog posts, lunch & learn sessions, and networking events.
It would be great if you have:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in organic (SEO) search marketing
- An understanding of search engine friendly design, development, conversion rate optimization, and user experience best practices.
- Agency experience.
How do you apply?
Please complete the application on this page and upload your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Your cover letter should include explicit examples of how your skills are a match for Knucklepuck and specifically the Senior SEO Consultant position. As a reminder, your cover letter is your opportunity to demonstrate what you can bring to this role and why you are the best fit to help us reach our goals, so make it count!
In the first line of your cover letter, please let us know where you think the name Knucklepuck originated from.
Traditional benefits: Macbook; 15 days PTO; 401k matching; contributions toward a competitive medical plan; the option to purchase additional benefits at reasonable rates such as dental and vision.
Non-traditional benefits: Flexible work hours; casual dress code; Work From Home opportunities; snacks; beer fridge; Clifton StrengthsFinder; monthly company social events; beanbag chairs; the occasional Nerf gun battle; birthday celebrations; Lunch & Learn lectures; startup business mentality
The Fine Print
This is an on-site, full-time position. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you can bring it, we will recognize your talent.
We are not accepting applications from agencies.